Villa Chantay is an absolute delight for every member of the family in equal measure; grown-ups will soak up the views from the outdoor pool and chill-out spaces, or rejuvenate in the private spa, while the children will love the additional indoor leisure zone with cinema screen and relaxed seating, perfect for a movie night or a game or two!
- 5 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10+2
- Housekeeping Twice a Week
- Indoor Pool, Heating Available
- Cinema Room
- Home Spa and Technogym
- Ground Floor Bedooms
Sitting proudly above Marbella in the scenic Monte Mayor resort, Villa Chantay calls you to a delightful rural setting laced with captivating panoramas.
An impeccable new luxury villa in Benahavis, it can comfortably accommodate a family of 10 with 4+1 bedrooms and a separate guest house.
Located just 20 minutes - and a world away - from the lovely village of Benahavis, the villa has a truly spectacular setting where panoramic views stretch over mountain and sea – and, on a clear day, straight across to the sparkling coasts of north Africa.
Unfolding over 1,000 square metres of luxurious Travertine marble, with 5 bedrooms, Villa Chantay is built around these views and a carefully-crafted balance of modern-Andaluz design and contemporary style, French flair and bespoke details: a custom-shaped infinity pool, complete indoor spa, cinema, furniture made-to-measure and original artwork to adorn the walls.
At a glance
4-bedroom main home with a 1-bedroom guest house, sleeping a total of 10
Spectacular mountain and sea views, on a clear day stretching to Africa
Two striking swimming pools: an infinity-edge outdoor pool and a heated* indoor pool
Leisure level with a sauna, heated whirlpool, indoor pool, Techno-gym, yoga space, and home cinema
Elevator to all floors
Numerous seating and gathering areas, including a formal living room, home cinema room, and expansive outdoor terraces, all outfitted with comfortable seating or dining
Impressive large-scale master suite with panoramic sea and mountain views
Luxury-grade yet comfortable furnishings, original art, and travertine marble decorate the villa
Delightfully scenic location in a security-gated urbanisation
Located in exclusive gated Monte Mayor estate, just 15 minutes from the coast, 20 minutes to the beach and Benahavis, and 25 minutes to Puerto Banus
Balancing the traditional and contemporary, the original and the bespoke, Villa Chantay is luxury, made welcoming.
Embracing the memories of the past, the modern lines of the contemporary, and the luxuries of the Costa del Sol, Villa Chantay resides at the intersection of style and tradition. Here, sleek travertine flooring meets soaring ceilings, palettes of beachy blue-and-driftwood contrast with sleek black-and-white, curved arches welcome you to sleek lines, and wooden beams frame mountain and Mediterranean views.
Stylishly decorated, the expansive Villa Chantay reveals a main villa and separate guest house, which offers its own garden and sitting room. Over expansive interiors, the home welcomes you to studied luxury – always of the highest quality, yet decidedly unfussy, so you always feel welcome.
Five bedrooms, each ensuite, offer privacy and tranquillity while the villa’s open living spaces invite time together. Gather around the open fire, schedule a movie night in the home cinema, or pamper yourselves on the leisure level: a space dedicated to wellness, with an indoor pool and Moroccan-themed cocktail bar, bubbling whirlpool and cleansing sauna, yoga space and Techno-gym, complete with free weights and other equipment.
Where birdsong serves as soundtrack and the shimmering Mediterranean rises as backdrop, Villa Chantay is an outdoor oasis of sparkling pool and dappled sun.
Your approach to the villa wends through tranquil hills, scenic sights, and delightfully rural countryside, just 20 minutes and yet a world away from the Costa below.
When you arrive, step through the entrance archway, close your eyes and let your ears explore Villa Chantay. The only sound you’ll hear is of birdsong – the partial namesake for this French-styled villa, which takes its name from the French for sing, song, or singer.
And then, open your eyes. Because this – this is why you’re here. All paths lead through gardens and out to the infinity pool. To this breath-taking, heart-stopping view of mountains and sea, to reach its scenic fingers toward the sparkling sands of northern Africa.
Back to the moment, to your grounding point in paradise. Here, amidst the well-groomed gardens of Villa Chantay, a 360º spin uncovers shaded terraces and outdoor dining, poolside sun loungers and breezy pergolas. And, of course, the show-stopper: a 12×6-metre azure pool – cool, refreshing, and calling your name.
How Villa Chantay works for you
- 1,000m2 villa with sweeping sea-and-mountain views and 5 total bedrooms (5 en-suite), including a separate 1-bedroom guest house
- Indoor heated pool (around 9 x 4.5 metres) and outdoor infinity-style pool (around 12 x 4 metres)
- Elevator to all three floors with bedrooms on the ground floor having flat-access
- Modern kitchen suitable for pro-catering for larger groups
- Indoor formal dining table for 8+, outdoor breakfast dining for 8 and additional poolside dining with BBQ for 6-10
- Leisure level with indoor pool*, heated whirlpool, Swedish sauna, yoga space
- Home cinema with multi-level seating, surround sound and video games console
- Private Techno-gym on leisure level, with free weights, rowing machine, treadmill, cross trainer and bench
- Upscale finishes, including luxury-grade furnishings and travertine marble
- 2-car private underground garage and parking space on the drive for at least 4 cars
Your rental includes a complete clean and linen change once a week plus additional light housekeeping midweek. Additional housekeeping hours can be booked and paid for in advance to cover things like after-dinner clearing up or personal laundry, and we can also source live-in maids if required.
Catered to Your Choosing
If you prefer not to cook, your Concierge can assist with a private villa chef and shopping service.
For a taste of authentic Spanish cuisine, ask about our gourmet Spanish menus, Paella demos, wine tasting, or book a Tapas tour with our expert foodie tour guides,
Your reservation with The Luxury Villa Collection includes automatic membership with our expert Concierge. This includes a pre-departure itinerary planning service so all your travel arrangements can be taken care of in advance, then the Concierge team are on the end of a telephone for anything you need during your stay.
They can cover all manner of things from restaurant reservations, shopping errands, personal assistance at the shops, as well as arranging children’s nannies, golf, excursions, chefs and so on. Please do ask for anything you need and we will do our best to assist.
This villa is a great base from which to enjoy a whole range of experiences to add to your travel memories. The landscapes around Benahavis offer such adventures as Canyoning or Buggy Safaris, while in Marbella or Malaga you can enjoy gourmet tours, beauty spas or visit ancient monuments in the cities of Andalucia. We work closely with the best local suppliers to help make your stay extra special.
The living space at Villa Chantay is located on the main floor gazing out to the Med.
Its a welcoming, open-plan space connecting to the piano room and dining room. 8-10 guests can gather with the luxury-grade sofas and French-style arm chairs around the open fire and TV. French windows look to the garden, pool, and expansive views of mountain and sea.
In the guest house, a small additional living space is decorated in an airy, beachy style. It is fitted with a TV and two oversized snuggle chairs. This living space opens onto a small, private garden and seating area (not suitable for children).
The elegant Parisian-style formal dining room is located on the main floor of the house, open-plan adjacent to the kitchen and main living area. The large oak table seating 8+ is crowned by a showpiece chandelier, while French doors open onto the outdoor terraces with further dining space and wrap-around views from mountains to sea.
The black-and-white kitchen is fully equipped for professional cooking, with central island, Silestone worktops, and Miele appliances, including double ovens, dual induction hobs, Teppanyaki grill, and large American-style side-by-side refrigerator. A small breakfast area seats 3.
There’s additional dining for 8 on the terrace that adjoins the kitchen, as well as poolside seating for 6-10.
Outdoors, Villa Chantay welcomes you to spectacular sea views, a uniquely-shaped infinity-style swimming pool (around 12 x 6m), and wooden deck with 8 sun loungers. The grounds also include two separate seating patios, two separate dining areas, and an open grill.
Inside, the lower ground floor of the villa offers a complete leisure zone; host a gathering in the smartly styled indoor bar-lounge with Moroccan-style seating and décor that echoes a modern Marrakesh sisha lounge. The indoor cocktail bar (includes sink and refrigerator) is well suited to any celebration or special occasion, even in off-season weather and for events up to 50 guests.
Through the cocktail lounge there is a multi-media entertainment room with cinema screen, PlayStation 2, and movie library. The home cinema is connected to Apple TV and a Pioneer system, as well as a Keff surround-sound system with iPad control.
The lower-ground floor of Villa Chantay also houses a luxurious private spa, complete with sauna, indoor heated pool (approx. 9 x 4.5m), and integrated hot tub with poolside seating.
Jacuzzi heating is included in the price as standard; please ask about heating the indoor pool (£1000 per week).
There’s also space to practice Yoga and Techno-gym, which includes a full set of free weights, rowing machine, treadmill, cross trainer, and multi-gym bench.
Bedroom 1: Top-floor, large-scale master suite with panoramic views from mountains to sea, viewable from the bed and private terrace. Striking black-and-white décor, black chandelier, TV, oversize headboard and 180cm super-king bed. Doors to private terrace with seating and table. Walk-in dressing room and spacious en-suite bathroom with panoramic views, his-and-her vanity units, a large sunken bath in travertine marble, large shower enclosure, and separate toilet.
Bedroom 2: Top-floor guest bedroom with 180cm super-king bed. Decorated in a champagne-and-black palette, with textured hessian curtains and a custom-made window seat overlooking impressive views. En-suite bathroom with travertine marble, single basin sink, and shower room.
Bedroom 3: Ground-floor guest bedroom with black-and-white palette, white-beamed vaulted ceiling, driftwood-coloured floors, and 180cm super-king bed. Dressing room, dressing table, TV, and French doors out to side garden next to the pool. En-suite bathroom in travertine, with a single vanity unit, bath tub and separate shower.
Bedroom 4: Ground-floor guest bedroom with a fresh green-and-white colour palette, wooden floors, 160cm king-sized bed, and French doors that open onto views, the pool, and terrace. En-suite bathroom in travertine, with a single vanity unit, Spa bath tub and separate shower.
Bedroom 5: Located in the guest house, separate but just a few steps from the main home. Ground-floor living area and marble bathroom, with small bath tub and separate shower cubicle. Steps lead to a mezzanine bedroom with king-sized bed and modern, beachy colours in gentle blue and driftwood. Living room fitted with two oversized armchairs, a TV, and whitewashed floors. Not suitable for children.
Notes: Most bedrooms have space for an additional bed for a child or cot. Staff may be accommodated in the guest house.
- Villa Chantay is suitable for guest with walking difficulties, with flat access and an elevator to all floors.
- Elevator-access and ground-floor en-suite bedrooms are available.
- The guest house is not suitable for children, due to open stairs and an unprotected drop in the garden area.
- If travelling with children, please note that Villa Chantay has an indoor pool so children will need to be kept out of this area unless supervised.
- Baby equipment, such as a cot and high chair, is available on request with advance notice.
Why we love it
- Villa Chantay offers two large ground-floor suites which are perfect for grandparents or a couple with small children.
- All floors can be accessed via elevator, ideal for older members of the family
- Bedroom 5 is located in a separate guest house with its own entrance, making an ideal space for staff or grandparents.
- Children will love the cinema room with day-beds for movies or gaming
- Breakfast area in kitchen ideal for early suppers, high chair can be supplied
- Outdoor poolside seating for parents to supervise children
- Indoor spa has heated whirlpool included in the price and the indoor pool can also be heated for winter-stays
- Peaceful and relaxing setting to completely disconnect
- Indoor spa with space for beauty treatments – ask about a range of options available through our Concierge
- Swedish Sauna, heated whirlpool, indoor pool heating available and complete Technogym for boot-camp style stays
- Plenty of space in the garden facing the sea for Yoga, Tai Chi, etc.
- For organised retreats, the guest house offers useful separate accommodation away from clients
- LVC Concierge can assist with professional chefs to create healthy menus
- Owners will permit a small event with 30 or so additional guests.
- This villa offers beautiful views and a peaceful setting for a small wedding or special anniversary
- Villa has its own access road and is not overlooked
- Great space indoors which is suitable for an after-hours celebration with a bar-lounge
- Large kitchen for catering and outdoor grill
- External music must be switched off at 11pm
- Event fee £500 covers additional utilities required for large groups and housekeeping support following the event
- LVC Concierge can assist with event planning and professional catering
Enjoy the local area
Villa Chantay sits in the sublime hills of Monte Mayor in Benahavis, surrounded by rolling hills dotted with equally-spectacular villas, yet just 15-20 minutes drive to the beach.
Where Marbella offers glamour and refinement, her next door neighbour Benahavis has become the destination of choice for famous visitors looking for understated luxury surrounded by spectacular scenery.
Located inland of San Pedro de Alcantara and Cancelada, this exclusive gated community offers an exceptional standard of villa accommodation and is an easy drive from the buzz of the main resorts of the Costa del Sol such as Puerto Banus, San Pedro and Marbella.
Vill Chantay is located 1 hour from Malaga airport, 15-20 minutes to supermarket and restaurants, 20 minutes drive to the nearest beach where there is a private beach club, and many more options close by, or 30 minutes to the pretty white village of Benahavis which offers a good selection of restaurants and cafes.
The nearest golf course is just 10 minutes away at Marbella Club Golf and our Concierge can assist with golf or a range of other experiences for a memorable stay. Marbella Club Golf has a fantastic restaurant open for lunch, one of the Owner’s favourites!