- 5 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Housekeeping 6 days/week
- Resort Concierge
- Optional Chef
- Heated Pool
A homage to modern architecture and clean lines, luxury touches and designer furnishings: it’s impossible to resist the call of Villa Kallan.
With all you could dream of, and more, this luxury villa in La Herradura promises breathtaking views across the Mediterranean and mountain landscapes.
At a glance
• 5-bedroom deluxe villa
• 400 square-meters (6,458 square-feet) of air-conditioned interiors
• Host more family or friends by booking the adjacent Villa Kari to accommodate 20 guests + staff
• Panoramic views stretch from mountains to Mediterranean in most rooms
• Nestles in the prestigious Punta de la Mona – an exclusive outcrop, jutting out into the sea, known as a tranquil playground for the Spanish elite
• Relax and rejuvenate by the natural-look infinity pool with stunning sea views
• Luxuriate in the master suite with private terrace and custom “Emperor-sized” bed – a generous 215x200cm
• Enjoy flourishing gardens all year round – courtesy of the stylish landscaping studded with tropical herbs and plants
• Rustle up a feast in the gourmet Doca kitchen with Gaggenau appliances
• Indulge in a luxurious bath with complimentary amenities and Jo Malone candles
• Relax with housekeeping service six days per week, and e-Concierge available to reserve your choice of private chef, boat rental, and other services.
• Tranquil La Herradura location in Granada province – just 45-60 minutes from Granada city. Be on the beach in 10 minutes, or the Sierra Nevada’s ski slopes in just 60-75
Villa Kallan is an uber-chic home dedicated to minimalism, modern design and spectacular views.
Floor-to-ceiling glass, a floating staircase, sharp angles and contemporary design welcome you to Villa Kallan: a luxury home as exclusive as it is welcoming.
Villa Kallan has a striking black finish – indoors and out. In contrast, smooth ivory flooring extends throughout the home. Providing the perfect canvas for original artwork, opulent furnishings, bold pops of colour and designer décor, which include: a sofa by Casadesús, Barcelona; lighting by Tom Dixon; hand-blown Czech glass by Brokis; kitchen by Doca with Gaggenau appliances; and outdoor furniture by Talenti.
The Mediterranean is framed by spectacular glass walls – a tonne apiece – which seamlessly connect you to the outdoors. In every instance and every detail, this is a one-of-a-kind villa that will take your breath away, from the moment you arrive.
Villa Kallan sits on the Costa Tropical – a world away from crowded resorts, yet minutes from beaches and an hour from the ski slopes.
It’s clear where Villa Kallan derived its name. You are greeted with a cascading waterfall with rippling Japanese water garden, wrapping around the front door and flowing over the rooftop.
A few more steps, and you’re in the garden – home to a shimmering infinity pool overlooking the azure Mediterranean, sky, bay and sunset.
But Villa Kallan is much more than just these meditative waters.
Its sunshine-loving garden is an explosion of tangled herbs, tropical palms and heat-loving plants. The terrace is fitted out in Talenti seating. Views embrace pine-clad cliffs and inspiring sunsets. Loungers demand lazy afternoon sunbaths. And the bar serves wine at twilight.
This is Spain’s Costa Tropical, where life should be lived outdoors. So, go on, take a stroll through the grounds. And enjoy a tropical feast of pecans, limes, lychees, avocados, lemons, mulberries and figs – ripe for the picking.
How Villa Kallan works for you
- Main villa with 5 en-suite bedrooms on top and lower levels (sleeps 12)
- Accommodates 20 guests + staff when connected to Villa Kari
- Ultra-private retreat, far from the glitter and flashbulbs of Marbella
- Luxe design, featuring furnishings by Casadesús, Barcelona; lighting by Tom Dixon; hand-blown Czech glass by Brokis; and Italian-made outdoor furniture by Talenti
- Elegant heated 11×4 metre infinity swimming pool
- Tropical landscaping and gardens
- Wifi available. Bose or Loewe large-screen television with internet TV
- Brand new villa, be among the first guests to stay!
- All bathrooms are stocked with luxurious Molton Brown toiletries and candles
- Housekeeping 6 days a week and weekly linen change
Your rental includes a visit from the housekeeper 6 days a week, usually in the mornings, plus a linen and towel change at least once every 7 days. Additional housekeeping hours can be booked and paid for directly to cover evening work such as after-dinner clearing up, or personal laundry.
A cold continental breakfast can be laid out and cleared away each morning during your housekeeper’s normal duties. The food bill should be settled locally on arrival with your housekeeper.
Catered to your choosing
If you prefer not to cook, we work with Michelin-grade professional villa chefs who can prepare a range of local or international dishes for you and your guests.
For a taste of authentic Spanish cuisine, ask about our gourmet Spanish menus, Paella demo’s, wine tasting, or book a Tapas tour with our expert foodie tour guides,
Your reservation with The Luxury Villa Collection includes automatic membership with our expert Concierge. This includes up to 2 hours of pre-departure itinerary planning so all your travel arrangements can be taken care of in advance. The Concierge team can then be contacted during your stay via Whatapp, SMS or Email with any further requests and any additional hours paid for directly.
They can cover all manner of things from restaurant reservations, booking your golf rounds, organising excursions, chefs and so on. Please do ask for anything you need and we will do our best to assist.
We are happy to welcome you with a light selection of gourmet delicacies from Spain, compliments of the house.
A complete villa pre-stocking service is available through your housekeeper, with goods paid for locally on arrival. We can also stock the bar or bodega for you.
This villa is within easy reach of a whole range of experiences to add to your travel memories. From adrenaline-fuelled paragliding to gourmet wine tasting, private yachts, or even take a trip up to the Sierra Nevada during ski season, we work closely with the best local suppliers to help make your stay extra special.
Summer or winter: the views at Villa Kallan always take centre stage. Streaming Spanish sunbeams and the Mediterranean Sea are visible from almost every corner of living space. Framed by dramatic double-height ceilings, a floating designer staircase, and striking glass panels – it’s a panorama that will take your breath away.
The living space is decadent while maintaining function. Plush and deeply comfortable, each piece – including the striking mustard-yellow Casadesús velvet sofa adorning the main living room – features high design that feels as James Bond as it does homely.
Enjoy fine dining with friends and family in the formal indoor dining area. Sitting between the living area and kitchen, this revolves around a custom-made table seating 10+2. The striking black accent wall and Tom Dixon lighting provide the only embellishment needed.
In the kitchen, an informal seating area is anchored by a large wooden table and benches by Talenti.
The kitchen by Doca with Gaggenau appliances is a cook or private chef’s dream. With Teppanyaki, wok, steam oven, microwave, sous-vide drawer, Nespresso machine, and water-bath – all discretely hidden behind the clean lines.
The central cooking island is crafted from a large slab of “burnt” granite. And the rest of the kitchen feature rich brown, designer tiger marble. The pantry, wine fridge and large refrigerator are kept from view in the utility room.
Step into the back garden, where the view unfolds over Mediterranean panoramas, sun-loving gardens, and an elegant heated 11×4 metre infinity pool.
Winding footpaths meander through grounds scented by herb and fruit trees. But all paths lead back to the pool and sun terrace, outfitted with Italian sofas and sun loungers. With a stylish bar soon to be completed.
Indoors, soft but plush sofas invite you to relax like Bond: James Bond. A decadent home cinema and indoor gym are underway as well.
Bedroom 1: Top-floor master suite with 280-degree mountain and sea views.
Custom “Emperor-sized” bed (215×200 cms) with black-velvet feature headboard, blackout blinds + electric blinds, Tom Dixon bedside lamps, walk-in wardrobe / dressing area, and Fendi-style décor.
Private balcony with seating area and pergola. En-suite, standalone bath with two-person rain shower and double marble basin unit.
Bedroom 2: Top-floor guest bedroom featuring king-sized bed with grey-velvet headboard, sea views and shared terrace (with Bedroom 3). En-suite shower room with rain shower.
Bedroom 3: Top-floor guest bedroom featuring super-king bed (180 cms) with grey-velvet headboard, sea views and shared terrace (with Bedroom 2). Fitted with designer sun blinds that move with the sun. En-suite shower room with rain shower and glass door to the terrace.
Bedroom 4: Lower-level guest bedroom, accessible via staircase, with king-size bed, wardrobe, and patio doors to garden. En-suite shower room with rain shower and marble washbasin.
Bedroom 5: Lower-level guest bedroom. Slightly more spacious than Bedroom 4 so ideal as a family room. Features two super-king beds and patio door to the garden. En-suite shower room with rain shower and marble washbasin.
Bedroom 6 coming soon: On request: Self-contained studio apartment beneath the villa, ideal for staff. Shared kitchenette, living space, and bathroom.
Notes: A foldaway bed is possible in the master bedroom for one child. Additional beds on request.
- Panoramic sea views, perfect for a laid-back coastal wedding
- Wedding Ceremony can take place by the poolside with an outdoor bar and space to move inside after-hours
- Maximum guests for a poolside cocktail reception – on request
- Maximum guest for a formal sit-down dinner on the poolside terrace – on request
- Gentle music only permitted outdoors until midnight due to neighbouring properties
- Indoor space for music in the lounge-diner area for use after midnight if the doors are closed
- Wedding fee upon request; Includes venue license, extra energy and systems usage, assistant to coordinate access for suppliers, added housekeeping and wear and tear due to high usage
- Guest must arrive and leave in organised transport due to very limited parking outside the villas
- LVC can recommend a wedding or events planner or chefs to assist with your special day
Perfectly designed from its build to interior design. This beautiful villa features a spectacular rooftop Japanese garden with cascading waterfall. Beside the stylish 11×4 metre heated infinity pool and sundeck, you’ll find lush George Soros-designed gardens with tropical trees and plants. And as well a state-of-the-art kitchen by Doca with Gaggenau appliances, the villa features bespoke pieces by leading designers.
We’re delighted to have Villa Kallan in our Platinum Collection. Reserved for the finest properties, having the owners on-call and housekeeping 6 days a week will make sure you are looked after.
Custom-built, Villa Kallan provides the ultimate in luxury from designer interiors to five star service (if you wish). Private chef, staff and full concierge can be arranged for some or all of your stay.
Enjoy the local area
Sandwiched between the Costa del Sol and Costa del Almeria, Costa Tropical is Granada province’s coast. Different in feel to its neighbours, it has a rugged coastline, with broad coves, jutting rocks and sandy pebble beaches.
Named after its climate, the area is famed for its tropical fruit. With mango and avocado groves carpeting hillsides and villages. This stretch of coastline has a relaxed vibe, in-keeping with Granada’s sense of romance. And the towns are mostly low-rise, sitting aside pristine waters.
From a white village perched on a rock, to unspoilt beaches, to incredible diving. There’s plenty for you to see and do.
This area is ideal for outdoor pursuits. The diving from La Herradura is excellent. But if scuba diving isn’t your thing, the snorkelling is just as good. A Mecca for cyclists, the region is great for road and mountain biking with routes (and e-bikes!) to suit all abilities.
A trip isn’t complete without a visit to the Alhambra in the city of Granada. When you’re done, head to the Moorish Albayzín district and watch the breath-taking sunset over the honey coloured fort.